Friday, August 24, 2007

Report Done, It’s Time to Fly

I am implementing plans to visit Dubai next month - long overdue - to check out jobs there as a safety net (if MHA decides that India would be better-off without me). Even if the India visa does come through, this is an opportunity to check out that city… One never knows when I will be footloose and fancy-free again.

I’ve decided to grab the first attractive opportunity that comes my way – and evaluate other options as they emerge...
I got roped in to write a report for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)... Sri Lanka is hosting a UNDP Workshop next month and they needed someone to write a report on their tsunami recovery effort. I have just finished writing the report and handed over the 32-page booklet to the printers yesterday. The style is very un-UN-like and I hope they appreciate it. Five hundred copies will be ready in about a week’s time.

You might be able to read portions of it on my blog after the report is released. I have adopted a relaxed, readable style – unlike typical UN publications that read like they've been written by a constipated parrot. So, watch this space!

No comments: