Thursday, June 21, 2007

This Winner Will Never Quit!



About my quitting - I am trying to prevent that eventuality. I know that it’s just a matter of time before these bureaucratic bunglers finally get their act together and correct their mistake. I am absolutely clear about what I want to do – get back home - and I am determined to. In the meantime, I will continue to treat this as a mid-career retirement and work on my book.

I expect that I will be able to submit my manuscript to the publisher by Q1 of 2008. If accepted, we would be targeting to release by end-2008. They apparently need that kind of time for editing and tying up the international contracts.

V K Karthika is Publisher and Chief Editor of HarperCollins and is based in New Delhi. She is amazingly prompt in responding to mails from even non-entities like me - and is very encouraging too – just the kind of professional that a budding writer needs!

PS: To hedge my risks, however, I am also planning a trip to Dubai next month - to check out opportunities there first-hand.

No comments: