Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Life Sucks, Sometimes

AM (May 31): I have decided that I would be willing to commit to serving one year – at least - with the Taj Samudra in Colombo.

We would also need to examine the feasibility of the Indian Hotels crediting my emoluments to Titan Industries. Such an arrangement would mean that I would technically be ‘on deputation from Titan’. This arrangement is merely to ensure that (a) my family in Bangalore is taken care of and (b) I can continue following up for an employment visa. The question of whether I will continue with Titan or Indian Hotels after June 2008 could be deferred to a later date.

If crediting my emoluments in the manner described above is not an issue, I would be eager to join Taj Samudra at any time you may decide.

SR, General Manager (June 1): I don’t think I can commit the same to you as the decision has to be taken by the corporate office. I will mark you mail to Jamshed to seek his inputs and see if this is possible.

SR, General Manager (June 6): I have discussed this with the corporate office and have to regret that, given the peculiar circumstances that you are presently in, we will not be able to employ you at Taj Samudra.

AM (June 10): Although it certainly came as a disappointment to me, I do understand the decision. In fact, I am grateful that I was even considered.

Comment: I wish they had checked first, instead of getting my hopes up... Since it came through the Tata Group, I assumed that they would have known the background...

No comments: