Saturday, December 15, 2007

When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go

Obtaining an Employment visa to the UAE, which ought to have taken ‘three or four days’ (according to my sources in Dubai) ended up taking all of eight weeks… If that sounds like I’m grumbling - No, I’m not … I have found a new kind of peace that is helping me to ride out this situation.

The High Commission of India has taken twenty months now – and there is no end in sight. It’s amazing how much lack of responsibility and empathy exists in the corridors of bureaucracy there! As was frequently mentioned when the Indian Government refused to condemn the Myanmar junta: “India does not necessarily do what is morally right, but what is politically expedient.”

Back to my scene… Until Wednesday, I was twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the UAE visa, which – as I mentioned - took a long time coming. I used the opportunity to wrap up matters with the bloke I am writing about… He has checked all the facts and spellings and given me a carte blanche on creative work.

I have asked to be booked on the December 21st flight to Dubai – to rejoin the country’s community of migrant workers before Christmas.

4 comments:

Lady divine said...

Here's wishing you all the very best and sending you compliments of the season..:-)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you he very, very best and May God be with you!

Antony said...

Thanks, LD and Indyana... Enjoy the Christmas festivities! I don't know whether I will find the time to post much in the days to come...

LD - You can be sure that I will be reading your posts with interest.

Indyana - "Yarhamakum Allah"... Take care and Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.